Property in Moraira: life in paradise on the Costa Blanca
A once ancient fishing village of Moraira has today turned into an elite resort town located on the Costa Blanca in the province of Alicante. The population of the town is about 16,000 people, and in the summer season it increases to 36-38 thousand, because many want to relax in excellent conditions on one of the best coasts of Spain. Property for sale in Moraira is in constant demand among Spaniards and visitors from around the world.
Along with its excellent healthy climate and beautiful nature, Moraira is famous for its high quality of recreation. Here you will find everything you imagine that creates an atmosphere of luxury and comfort. Many shops and restaurants (about 150 during the season), entertainment centers and locations for children's recreation, 8 kilometers of coastline allow Moraira to be called the Spanish St. Tropez.
Everyone can find their favorite activity here. Connoisseurs of the historical past will discover many amazing places, such as the Cap d'Or tower and the Church of Fortaleza de Santa Catalina, as well as beautiful buildings on the streets of the old town that have preserved elements of ancient decoration. Lovers of natural landscapes will definitely appreciate the organized walking routes.
And yet people go to Moraira for a beach holiday. Seven high-quality beaches marked with the Blue Flag, a marina, and the most beautiful bay on the Costa Blanca will bring true pleasure to lovers of the sea and the sun. In Moraira property for sale will also be of interest to golf lovers; the modern Ifach Golf Club is open to them. Here you can practice tennis and any water sports.
Check out the location of properties for sale Moraira
In any corner of the town you can find an apartment or house that matches your idea of a comfortable life, because it’s not for nothing that Moraira is called a premium resort. However, each urban area has its own distinctive features. And before you settle on any specific location when searching for property in Moraira, you should familiarize yourself with each area and choose the one where everything suits you.
1. Pla del Mar is one of the first areas where luxury villas were built. It is located within walking distance from the beaches, yacht club, and major infrastructure. Here you will get the chance to enjoy beautiful wide streets, luxurious gardens and villas, each of which has a sea view.
2. El Portet is an area of millionaires' villas located next to the promenade and the beach. Here, each villa represents an achievement of modern architecture. And cozy restaurants on the shore, along with delicious cuisine, will provide the opportunity to admire the sea sunset.
3. In the San Jaime area, there are villas with large plots of land with gardens, recreation areas, swimming pools, children's and sports grounds. There is also a golf course in the area.
4. The Benimeit area is located on a mountain and it is believed that it is from here that the most beautiful view of the seascape opens. Here, among the pine trees, you can enjoy relaxation and comfort near the pool in the courtyard of your own villa. New luxury housing is being actively built in this area, which indicates the high popularity of Benimeit.
5. In the Sol Park area, you will enjoy peace and tranquility if you buy a home in the shade of the vineyards. Situated on the outskirts of Moraira, this area offers a large selection of modern properties. And you can walk to the city center or get there in 5 minutes by car.
6. El Tesoro is an area of ultra-modern real estate with all the attributes of the latest trends in housing construction. It offers a sea view, too.
7. Property for sale in Moraira, located in the Moravita area, is a life in nature, when your home will be surrounded by lush greenery, and the air will be filled with the aromas of flowers and citrus fruits.
Property for sale in Moraira Spain: types, prices, taxes
An analysis of the real estate market in Moraira shows a steady increase in demand for all types of housing, primarily for apartments and villas. Despite the fairly high prices formed due to the fact that demand outstrips supply, property for sale in Moraira has been successfully sold for many years. Today, the average price of a residential property in the town is about €450,000, the average price of a villa is €750,000. Over the past three quarters, 517 transactions with properties have been completed in Moraira.
The main search criteria for property for sale Moraira, are the following:
- luxury and prestige. Exclusive real estate with sea views and private pools are exactly what wealthy clients from Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands and other countries show interest in;
- environmental friendliness and energy efficiency. These characteristics of housing are subject to high demands in our time of respect for the environment. Clients pay attention to natural lighting of the premises, a harmonious combination of internal and external spaces.
- modern advanced technologies involved in the construction and finishing of housing, in particular security systems, the smart home system.
Examples of popular properties for sale in Moraira Spain:
|Type of property
|area 70 sq. m, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
|area 128 sq. m, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
|area 160 sq.m., 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
|area 328 sq.m., land area 660 sq.m., 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
|area 474 sq.m., land area 1220 sq.m., 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
Purchasing property in Moraira involves significant financial investments. And this is not only the cost of the property itself, but also taxes, fees and other payments:
|Type of payment
|Amount of payment
|income tax for non-residents (IRNR)
|24% rental income
|property tax (IBI)
|0.4-1.1% of the cadastral value (depending on the location of the property)
|wealth tax (IP)
|If a property costs more than € 700,000
|registration of transfer of ownership
|6-11% of the cadastral value of the property
When purchasing property in Moraira, it is also necessary to take into account the fees for legal services, the job of the real estate agency, and, if necessary, obtaining a mortgage loan.
Moraira property purchase process
When purchasing property in Moraira there are a number of important aspects to consider:
- property location. It is important to prioritize your selection based on proximity to beaches, major amenities, attractions, golf courses, etc.;
- type of property in Moraira. Study the characteristics of the types of properties on the market depending on your preferences, be it apartments, penthouse, townhouse, bungalow or villa;
- budget - it must be realistic, thoughtful, and taking into account the cost of the property, its after-sales service, taxes, fees and unforeseen expenses.
You can purchase Spanish real estate either with your own money or by obtaining a mortgage loan on fairly favorable terms. Your payment can be made in cash or by bank transfer. You need to look into the process of obtaining a Golden Visa when purchasing a property worth more than €500,000. The Golden Visa will open up a lot of great opportunities for you in Spain.
You should also take into account that during the purchase a number of issues may arise, and the best solution can only be provided if you are well versed in the legal and financial intricacies of the transaction. Spanish legislation carefully defines the procedure for purchasing property in Moraira, but you should not exclude unforeseen circumstances.
Therefore, it would be right to seek comprehensive assistance in going through the purchasing process from specialists. The real estate agency WTG Spain has been working in the Spanish real estate market for many years, and has proven a high level of professionalism. Ensure the security of the transaction by contacting WTG Spain agents, and then your purchase will definitely bring you great joy!