Property in Spain: Finding your dream home
Modern people, no matter how comfortable they live, always strive for something better. Fortunately, most residents of developed countries have every opportunity to move freely around the world. Many seek to settle in Spain, a country with a high standard of living, beautiful nature, salubrious climate and reasonable prices. Therefore, property for sale in Spain is actively sold today. There are a wide variety of properties on the market here, satisfying the needs of the most demanding customers, and the demand for which is constantly growing.
Where is it preferable to buy property in Spain?
In any region of the country you can find an attractive property that will become your favorite place for work, leisure and permanent residence. But Spain differs from other countries in that, along with a developed infrastructure of cities and towns, it can offer the unique qualities of Mediterranean resorts with their beautiful beaches, gorgeous natural parks and mountain landscapes.
The coasts of the Costa Blanca and Costa Calida are in particular demand not only among the natives, but also foreigners, and often those who want to buy property in Spain first of all consider the regions of Alicante and Murcia, where all the benefits of seaside resort towns, quality housing and property prices are perfectly combined. The regions include both fairly large cities and small towns, and each town is unique and attractive in its own way.
The capital of the province of the same name is very popular among the inhabitants of Scandinavia and Britain. Here you will find everything you were looking for - a warm mild climate, beautiful scenery, delicious food, as well as property in Spain, which is relatively inexpensive, given that Alicante is a large port city. In Alicante, Spain, you will find all possible types of real estate presented on the market of the country.
The pearl of the Costa Blanca, a resort town in which housing construction is developed and modern residential complexes with a full range of services are at the service of customers. Here everyone will find housing to their taste and financial possibilities.
A wonderful resort that combines all the virtues of Spanish nature, the wealth of green spaces with the grandeur of residential skyscrapers. Many people who want to buy properties in Spain tend to come here, because here you can find both noisy entertainment and solitude.
If you cannot imagine yourself without playing golf, then Villamartin real estate is what you need. Weather, nature, developed infrastructure and numerous golf courses will make your stay on the Costa Blanca unforgettable. And comfortable bungalows and villas are located next to the fields.
A unique place that combines a magnificent combination of sea and mountains. Therefore, lovers of such landscapes should consider purchasing Spanish property here.
A large resort town on the Costa Calida has long been loved by many for its clean air, special comfort, many historical and cultural masterpieces in local museums, and excellent cuisine with a large number of seafood dishes. All types of real estate are presented here, from inexpensive apartments in the old fund to luxurious penthouses and villas.
An amazing place where a long sandy spit is combined with coniferous plantations and a sea lagoon. This combination creates the effect of life-giving air, which you breathe and breathe and it is never enough. Here you can find any property, including especially popular duplexes. They combine the advantages of a private house and quite reasonable prices.
A small village in the province of Murcia where you will find everything you could dream of: beautiful beaches, shady parks, many shops and cafes. Being the owner of a home in such a wonderful place is simply great!
Properties for sale in Spain: types and prices
Having decided on the place where you will live, you should approach the choice of the type of housing responsibly. Property in Spain is represented by a wide range of various properties for every taste and budget. Small studio apartments for a modest price will be of interest to singles or young couples who prefer to spend time away from home. And luxury homes will be chosen by those for whom home comfort and a high level of service are important.
Today in the Spanish property market are the following options:
- apartments - residential premises located, as a rule, in apartment buildings with a different set of amenities. You can choose the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you need, as well as floor, furniture, kitchen equipment;
- the penthouse is located on the upper floors of a high-rise residential building. Penthouses belong to elite housing and can be decorated with expensive materials, equipped with advanced communication systems and expensive appliances. In modern properties, there is even a pool;
- a townhouse is a block in a complex of similar buildings, where you will have one common wall with your neighbors. It differs in more spacious rooms than in apartments; in two-level townhouses, bathrooms are required at each level. There may be a small plot of land next to the building. For the whole complex, a common pool, playgrounds, and green spaces are often built. Recently, this type of property for sale in Spain is especially popular;
- bungalows - property in Spain is widely represented by this type of property that is in high demand. This is a separate house for one family, where spacious rooms and bathrooms, a large terrace and a kitchen with access to the patio are often hidden behind a modest exterior facade;
- villa is a large house in Spain located on its own land. Such real estate is in high demand among those who want to lead a secluded lifestyle with all possible amenities. Most of the villas are located in such a way that their balconies and terraces offer beautiful panoramic views of the sea, mountains and resort towns.
Approximate prices for apartments in the cities of Spain are as follows:
|One-bedroom apartment||€ 170,000||€ 170,000||€ 90,000||€ 90,000||€ 90,000||€ 180,000||€ 110,000|
|Two-bedroom apartment||€ 250,000||€ 220,000||€ 115,000||€ 130,000||€ 155,000||€ 250,000||€ 175,000|
Below is the average cost of one square meter of housing in the center of some cities in Spain:
If you have the freedom to select a region to reside in, you'll find that housing costs in Spain are typically much more affordable compared to other European nations. However, it's important to note that there is a substantial disparity in real estate prices between major cities, coastal areas, and smaller towns in the country's interior. To assist you in navigating this wealth of information and facilitating your purchase, you can rely on the expertise of the professional real estate agency, WTG Spain. Their team is dedicated to guiding you through the process and ensuring a successful transaction.
Buying a house in Spain - legal aspects
Property for sale in Spain is sold in accordance with the laws of the country, which encourages the purchase of housing by both natives and foreigners and contributes to the development of the real estate market.
The process of buying property in Spain consists of several stages:
- the choice of a suitable property is a crucial stage and it would be extremely reckless to limit the search only to Internet resources. It is advisable, after a thorough study of the relevant sites, to search for suitable property in Spain directly on the spot, while it is worth contacting professional real estate agents who offer a full range of services to support the purchase;
- you, as a foreigner, need to obtain an identification number (Número de Identificación de Extranjero, NIE) as with its help you will be able to carry out any financial transactions in Spain;
- it is impossible to buy property in Spain without having an account in a Spanish bank, from which all sorts of payments will be made;
- an important next step is the signing of a preliminary contract for booking your chosen property. Such an agreement specifies the value of the property, its condition, terms of payment, the amount of the deposit, and the conditions for terminating the transaction. Once the deposit has been paid, the apartment or house is considered booked by you;
- buying a house in Spain must be accompanied by a thorough check of the legal purity of the property: the absence of debt obligations, identification of the owner. The signing of the final contract of sale takes place in the presence of a notary after full payment of the cost;
- properties for sale in Spain are considered sold after the transfer of ownership is formalized.
The buyer of Spain property must clearly navigate the local taxation system in order to pay tax or fee when buying properties in Spain on time and in full. An experienced lawyer with knowledge of your native language can help in this matter.
Issues of financing the purchase of property in Spain
You can buy a house in Spain or an apartment you like, first of all, for your own money. If necessary, you can be granted a mortgage loan in a Spanish bank. At the same time, if you are a resident, then up to 80% of the value of the property can be repaid through a mortgage, and you can repay the loan within 40 years, for a non-resident this amount will be up to 50-70% of the cost and the repayment period is 15-20 years. The types and amounts of interest rates for residents and non-residents also differ.
Do not forget that when you buy a property in Spain, you are required to pay for utilities and other bills, such as cleaning the territory, garbage collection, cleaning the pool, etc.
WTG Spain: we are always ready to help you!
You can independently go from finding the best house for sale in Spain to settling in the purchased apartments. But why not take advantage of an excellent option when professionals can support you throughout all stages of real estate acquisition? Then all possible risks will be reduced to zero, the purchase time will be reduced significantly and there will be no place for your anxieties and worries.
The WTG Spain group of companies is not just a real estate agency, it is a community of like-minded people: managers, designers, IT specialists, whose goal is to provide comprehensive assistance to those who wish to buy property in Spain.
WTG Spain has been operating in the local real estate market for over 25 years and over these years, thousands of grateful clients have become owners of Spanish property for sale. Beautiful apartments, townhouses, bungalows and villas on the Costa Blanca and Costa Calida have provided coziness and comfort to citizens of many countries of the world and native Spaniards who prefer living by the sea.
An extensive database that includes more than 10,000 properties, a wide range of services for buying, selling and maintaining real estate, most of which are paid by the seller, an individual approach to each client with the assistance of a personal manager, a modern convenient portal wtgspain.com, which allows you to easily navigate the offers and services provided by the company - these are the reasons why you should not look for other assistants. WTG Spain is always at your service! We make it easy to find and buy your dream home!