How to open a bank account in Spain?
How to open a bank account in Spain before buying a property
Before you buy property in Spain, you need to open your own bank account. Later, you will be able to transfer money to this account in order to make the purchase of the real estate.
By the way, it will be very convenient for you to pay the utilities and other services for the maintenance of your property in Spain with your own bank card.
So, if you want to open your own bank account in Spain, you need to prepare following documents from this list:
1. At first, if you are a non-resident of Spain, you need:
- Your valid passport or national identity card;
- A document to prove your address, such as a recent bank statement or utility bill, which is not less than 3 months old;
- A document to prove your employment status (such as a payslip, tax return or a government letter confirming that you’re unemployed or receiving state benefits).
2. Then if you are a resident of Spain, you need:
- Your valid passport or a national identity card;
- documents confirming the source of income (for example an employment contract, a student card or unemployment paperwork);
- a proof of the Spanish address (for example a recent utility bill, a bank statement, a rental contract);
- Spanish N.I.E (Foreigner’s Identity Number).
It will also be a good idea to bring to the Spanish bank your reservation agreement.
The list of documents, which was mentioned before, must be translated into Spanish and notarized in Spain. If you’re willing to make a translation in your country, all documents must be notarized by an apostille in the Spanish Consulate.
If you want to replenish your account, you should remember the following: the main thing that Spanish banks will require is a legal confirmation of the origin of your funds. At this stage, a lot of questions may arise. Certainly, the lawyers of the "WTG Spain" Company guarantee you free consultation and assistance as well as the assistance of a personal manager for the period of property purchasing in Spain.
If you need a more detailed consultation, don't hesitate to contact us. The “WTG Spain” team is always glad to help you and find an answer to all of your questions. We sincerely hope that buying property in Spain will be a pleasant experience in your life.
Company “WTG Spain”, your property in Spain is waiting for you.