How to get the Golden Visa in Spain?
The Golden Visa program is a way to get residency in Spain for a non-EU citizen by making a significant capital investment in the Spanish economy.
The investor visa offers the holders and their family members residency in Spain and visa-free access to the Schengen Area.
A document that regulates the Golden Visa program is the Law of September 27th, 2013 in support of entrepreneurs and their internationalization.
WHO CAN GET THE GOLDEN VISA FOR SPAIN UNDER THIS LAW?
You can apply for the Golden Visa if you purchase real estate in Spain worth at least €500,000 (it can be for 1 or more properties of any type).
Though property is a popular choice, there are some other investment instruments to obtain the Golden Visa and the Spanish residency:
- Making an investment in the Spanish public debt of at least €2,000,000.
- Buying shares in a Spanish company worth at least €1,000,000
- Buying investment funds or venture capital funds set up in Spain worth at least €1,000,000
- Making a deposit in a Spanish bank of at least €1,000,000.
- Starting a major new business project in Spain that will probably create jobs, have a positive social and economic impact.
HOW LONG CAN YOU STAY IN SPAIN WITH THE GOLDEN VISA?
It depends on the way you apply for it.
- You can apply for the Golden Visa from your country of legal residence with the local Consulate.
- They will grant a 1-year investor visa. It can be extended and renewed for Spanish residency every 2 years.
- You can also apply for the Golden Visa in Spain during a 90-day stay as a tourist. In this case, you can directly get a 2-year residence permit.
WHICH FAMILY MEMBERS CAN BE INCLUDED ON THE SPAIN GOLDEN VISA?
The Golden Visa also allows you to obtain permits for your spouse or person in an analogous relationship, as well as for minors under 18 years of age who are dependants
Permits may also be requested for those over 18 years of age who are still economically dependent on the applicant and who do not have their own family unit.
If the applicant’s parents are dependent on the applicant, they may also be included.
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF THE GOLDEN VISA IN SPAIN:
- You and your family members receive residence permits for 2 years, allowing you to live, work and study in Spain.
- You can travel to all Schengen Zone countries visa-free for up to 90 days in a 180-day period.
- You do not need to live in Spain to renew the Golden Visa.
- If you do live in Spain, you become eligible for permanent residence after 5 years.
- You can apply for Spanish citizenship after 10 years of residence.